Martin Automatic Inc
MLS Automatic Splicer
The Martin MLS Automatic Splicer is a compact unit for continuous full-speed unwinding of rolls. Its space-saving design makes it ideal as an automatic splicer for mid-press laminating or for introducing additional webs into a non-stop process.
Combined with other Martin Automatic splicing and rewinding solutions, the MLS offers printers and converters the opportunity for fully continuous production.
- Space-saving design. The MLS can be fitted above the running web of many narrow web presses, without adding length to the line. (Consult your Martin representative for specific process configurations.)
- Pull-out spindles and splice unit. Each unwind position includes a spindle and half of the splice unit. The operator loads rolls and prepares splices from an ergonomic location in the aisle, then returns the spindle and splice unit to its running position.
- Automatic splice initiation. The MLS monitors the diameter of the running roll and automatically makes a roll change at a pre-set diameter.
- Inertia compensated tension control. The festoon features Martinís inertia compensation technology for consistent, accurate tensioning of the web as it enters the process.
Simple splice preparation and few operator controls are typical of Martinís engineering philosophy. The proven Martin festoon and PLC-based control system guarantee a high level of splicing reliability with minimal maintenance.
|Maximum Splicing Speed||to 500 FPM||to 152 MPM|
|Maximum Web Width||to 20 IN||to 508 MM|
|Maximum Roll Diameter||to 24 IN||to 610 MM|
** Specifications for the Martin MLS Automatic Splicer are meant as a general guideline. The Martin MLS Automatic Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.
- Compact design, ideal for mounting above press or process
- Pull-out spindles and splice unit for ergonomic roll loading and splice preparation
- Pneumatic spindle chucking
- Ability to load two full-diameter rolls
- Martin inertia-compensated tension control system
- Taped overlap splice with no leading or trailing edge
- Manually operated running roll sidelay
- Martin standard PLC control system
- Integrated automatic web guide
|Pneumatic||80 PSI (5.5 ATM) compressed air, clean and dry to 50 microns|
|Electrical||110/1/60 VAC, +/- 10 percent|
- Product Brochure - English
- Product Brochure - Chinese
- MLS Product Video
- Duration: 4 min 47 sec, 10MB - English
As with all Martin products, the Martin MLS Automatic Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.