Martin Automatic Inc
MTB Series Butt Splicer
The Martin model MTB Splicer is designed to serve the needs of the folding carton and paperboard industries. It consists of a butt splicing stand and storage festoon and is designed to work in conjunction with a turret style unwind stand. The MTB Splicer makes an angled butt splice with tape on one or both sides of the web. It is available for use with a wide range of stocks up to 0.05 inches (1.28 mm) in thickness, and for web widths ranging from 32 to 67 inches (812 to 1702 mm). Martin MTB Splicers are splicing at speeds up to 1500 fpm (7.5 mps).
Options available with the MTB include automatic splice initiation, special roller diameters and "tail grabbing".
The "tail grabber" option initiates a splice as the web runs off the end of the roll, wasting a minimum of material.
Most existing turret unwind stands can be adapted to work with Martin's MTB Splicer. Alternatively, Martin can supply its own Turret Unwind Stand (TUS) for the particular application.
|Maximum Splicing Speed||to 1500 FPM||to 457 MPM|
|Maximum Web Width||to 67 IN||to 1702 MM|
|Maximum Roll Diameter||to 84 IN||to 2134 MM|
** Specifications for the Martin MTB Series Butt Splicer are meant as a general guideline. The Martin MTB Series Butt Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.
- Simple proven logic
- Automatic Tail Grabber splice initiation
- Martin inertia-compensated tension control system
- Brake feed-back system
- Integrated controls and mechanics
- No hydraulics
- Patented splicing section offers: -Gap control * -Shear section -Taping section
- Electronic autosplice (primarily for folding carton applications)
- In-Register Splicing Package
- Explosion-proof provisions
- Tailgrabbing autosplice (liquid packaging applications or virgin stock to the core)
- Automatic tension reduction
- 12 inch or 10 inch diameter idler rollers
- Martin brake retrofit package for existing turret unwinds
|Electrical||Three Phase (per customer)|
|Pneumatic||to 80 PSI||to 5 ATM|
- Product Brochure - English
- Product Brochure - Spanish
- MTB Product Video
- Full length video with voice-over, Duration: 3mins 27sec, File Size: 28 MB - English
As with all Martin products, the Martin MTB Series Butt Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.