RMAP Automatic Transfer Rewind
The Martin RMAP is a two-spindle rewind with transfer section and tension control in a single, space-saving unit. The RMAP combines elements of Martin splicing, web-handling and tension control technology in an automatic rewind suitable for a wide range of applications and materials, from film to board.
The state-of-the-art drive system of the RMAP uses AC Vector Duty motors with Vector drives and Martin's own control package for greater simplicity, and higher reliability than a typical DC drive package. Each spindle has its own motor with a direct belt drive system, eliminating the need for potentially troublesome gearboxes or clutches.
This patented spindle configuration removes the need for slip rings to transfer power to the motors and encoders, as with a conventional turret design. The rewind spindles traverse horizontally on precision bearings for more accurate alignment, and rolls are always close to the floor for safe, easy handling.
In addition to paper and board applications, its non-contact, center-core winding design features a "lay-on" roller for use with film webs. This roller prevents air from being trapped in the rewinding roll and has independent side-to-side pressure adjustment to compensate for gauge-banding, uneven print coverage, and other web irregularities.
The RMAP will rewind a running web and hold a new, empty core at the same time. When the rewinding roll is full, it is unloaded automatically. This feature is PLC controlled, so the RMAP can be interfaced easily with other automatic roll handling equipment. It is also designed to integrate a slitting system.
|Maximum Transfer Speed
|to 2000 FPM
|to 610 MPM
|Maximum Web Width
|to 72 IN
|to 1829 MM
|Maximum Roll Diameter
|to 72 IN
|to 1829 MM
** Specifications for the Martin RMAP Automatic Transfer Rewind are meant as a general guideline. The Martin RMAP Automatic Transfer Rewind can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.
- Automatic splice initiation
- Web break detection
- Simple splice initiation
- On-the-run pneumatic tension adjustment capability
- Permanently lubricated, low-friction bearings
- Partial web capability
- Automatic drive-to-core shaft coupling
- Manual or automatic roll change
- Actuated knife cut-off
- Low-inertia, idler rollers, surface configuration per application
- Heavy-duty, welded steel framework
- Integral motors and drive system
- Integrated turn bar or bay window for right angle installation or to wind opposite side up
- Core shaft handling cart or bionic arm
- Automatic tension reduction on press-supplied signal
- Integrated automatic web guide
|Three Phase 230/460 VAC @60 Hz ± 10 percent (per customer)
|to 80 PSI
|to 5 ATM
- Product Brochure - English
- Product Brochure - Spanish
- Product Brochure - German
- - Chinese
- RMAP Product Video
- Duration: 5 min 31 sec, 16 MB
As with all Martin products, the Martin RMAP Automatic Transfer Rewind can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.