Martin Automatic Inc
MBNT Butt Splicer
The benefits of automatic splicing add up to significantly increased productivity, greater quality control and reduced waste. The MBNT applies these benefits to label converting, flexible packaging and narrow web applications.
Design features of the MBNT include
- Reliable rolling shear splice unit. This patented butt splice unit simultaneously severs the web and irons tape across the splice, producing a tight bond. The precision shear wheel and anvil mechanism guarantees a clean cut and no overlap. A second rotary nip applies tape to the backside of the splice.
- Inertia compensated tension control. The festoon features Martin’s inertia compensation technology for consistent, accurate tensioning of the web as it enters the process.
- Automatic splice initiation. The MBNT monitors the diameter of the running roll and automatically makes a roll change at a pre-set diameter.
|Maximum Splicing Speed||to 800 FPM||to 244 MPM|
|Maximum Web Width||to 26 IN||to 660 MM|
|Maximum Roll Diameter||to 50 IN||to 1270 MM|
** Specifications for the Martin MBNT Butt Splicer are meant as a general guideline. The Martin MBNT Butt Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.
- Two cantilevered, fixed position, pneumatic spindles with manual inflation
- Capacity for two full-diameter rolls at any time
- Bi-directional unwind capability
- Reliable, patented rolling shear splice unit for clean cut-off and tight splices
- Angled butt splice taped both sides
- Martin inertia-compensated tension control system
- Soft tension control package for film webs
- Portability package
As with all Martin products, the Martin MBNT Butt Splicer can be application-engineered to fit each process. Contact Martin Automatic for your specific needs.